Thursday, May 14, 2009

I can only imagine Pam last night...

You know, you cannot just start a season of a TV show and not finish it out.  Matt and I were overjoyed to find that we are able to watch the performances of American Idol online.  Many of the television show websites do not work in SA that work in America.  So...although we were going to wait and watch it at his aunt's house, I was just too impatient so we watched it on his computer.  Of course, Adam was PHENOMENAL!!!  And then there was Danny, who wasn't bad.  But Kris Allen!?!?  WHAT?!?!?!?!  

I can only imagine my mother, a die-hard Allen fan, jumping for joy last night, as he made it to the final two.  NO ONE saw that one coming.  But I must admit, he did quite an interesting rendition of Heartless.  I couldn't help but reminisce of times where my old roommate, Anna, and I used to have dance parties in our lounge, that song being one of our favorites on our play list.  

A few more updates.  Two days ago, I decided it was time for me to jump out of my comfort zone and go driving!  Obviously, this is quite an interesting experience due to the fact that they drive on the opposite side of the road here.  I drove from the church to Matt's parents' house, then from their house to our apartment.  It is not uncommon to see the windshield wipers going when I'm driving, even if it is a bright, sunny day, due to the fact that the turn signal and the wiper knobs are switched.  For those of you who know about my desire to have incredibly ripped biceps, driving is a wonderful way to get my arms in shape, as Matt's car lacks power steering.  It is quite a sight to see me trying to turn the wheel!

Learning to be a wife can be hard, especially when you are both the nurse and the culprit for sickness.  I may or may not have made Matt sick.  So, as I nurse his tummy ache back to health, I can't help but wonder...'I'm the only one who is cooking for him, so the choices for culprits are few...and it's probably me.'  So, my guess is that it was the soup that I made, and while we have leftovers, I'm not going to give it a second chance to find out if that was it.

Well, that's about it for now!  Will write more later!  

~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. So what I really want to know is whether or not you take back all of that crap you gave Kris for not being off the show sooner to be with his wife. Although, I never even thought he's make it past the top 5. It really should've been Adam and Danny.

    Oh, and the other day when my mom and I drove by Olive Garden, I tried to explain to her what Danny Gokey soup was, but she didn't get it. Made me wish you were there to back me up.

    And about Matt getting sick from whatever you made ~ all I have to say is that I probably only got healthier from eating with you, so I just can't believe it.

    I love you, Rachel, and I miss your stir-fry. So much, I'd even go for it cold. And yesterday, my mom tried making me turkey chili for lunch, but I wouldn't eat it, because I didn't want it without you. Just settled for some tuna instead.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete