Friday, June 26, 2009

Pardon my lack of diligence towards my blog!  
All is well, but I didn't even realize how long it had been since my last update!  

It's been quite a busy few weeks, as Matt and I have been spending most of our free time working on the launch of our new youth environment, InsideOut.  We're very excited about this endeavor, but it takes quite a bit of time.  We're so lucky to have a brigade of volunteers who have helped us make this all possible.  Without them, we would probably be stuck back where we were when we started all of this.  

We have had lots of meetings this week with different groups of volunteers in an attempt to create a great culture in our ministry.  We had a meeting with what we have dubbed our "creative team".  Their job is to take whatever Matt wants to say and figure out cool, relevant, and memorable ways to convey those ideas.  Currently, we're doing a theme called "youtube live."  To get ready for our camp in 2 1/2 weeks, we're posting a series of youtube diaries.  They are quite funny.  Feel free to view our first one :


The house is kind of...as it will be...for a while.  I'm not expecting many changes to the decor for the next 5-6 months.  We're going for the simple look.  Matt and I would rather spend our extra money on fun dates.  We finally told ourselves a couple of weeks ago that we would go on our first official date since we've been married.  It was dinner and a movie...Primi for dinner and Star Trek for our movie.  And I must say, the doctor in Star Trek looks EXACTLY like my uncle Johnny in America.  Their resemblance was so striking that it was almost distracting for me in the movie!

And the last news is that Matt and I have officially bought our PLANE TICKETS to come visit America in December!  WOO HOO!!!  It certainly will be wonderful to visit everyone and celebrate Thanksgiving!  

Well, I've got to go!  It's Friday and there's still LOTS to do to be ready for Sunday morning!
~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment